Fortsätt till huvudinnehåll

The body


There I am. Pressed against the cold ground. In the beautiful park with flourishing tulips, however all I can see is haze.  People are surrounding me. In panic, they try to wake me, unfortunately without success.

Am I alive? Am I dead? I don’t know. To be honest, I have no idea. I hear these screaming voices filled with fright but I can’t respond to them. It was supposed to be a lovely day in the verdant park. I had prepared my specialty for him, cherry pie with extra cherries on top, the day before. Even in my wildest dreams I could never predict this.
Hearing blurry voices screaming in panic around me, I want to show them a sign of life, to assure them that I am okay, even though I am not. I try to lift one arm, but my body defies me. I have lost control over my own body. My biggest fear, losing control,  I am now facing. Feeling the cold surface of the grey asphalt pressed firmly into my pounding body while I try to clear my hazy mind. How could he? I try to remember. But once again, my body defies me. Everything is hazy. I can’t distinguish any features around me. The pounding headache never stops. In any minute, my head will explode. Everything will become dark. Blood slowly runs down from my temple, and it doesn’t stop.  As soon as it reaches my cheeks, it coagulates. My body hurts. The pain is intense and it is killing me inside. Have I breathed my last breath? Will this be my fall? The body gathers power. It will never give up. I will never give up. I will fight back.
There I am. Still pressed against the cold ground. In the beautiful park with the flourishing tulips. My hazy mind is clearing. Birds are singing around me. The sky is colored like the Mediterranean Sea and the sunbeams warm my cold, hurting body. People are still surrounding me, he too. And in panic, they try to wake me, this time with success.



Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

My First Impression

My first impression of the university is “WOW”. There are these incredibly old and fascinating buildings that I have never seen in real life before. It is a surprisingly beautiful place. In addition the  environment surrounding Yale differs a lot from the environment I am used to in Sweden. The gothic architecture is impressive and like nothing I have seen before. Standing outside Yale makes me feel like I am all of a sudden in an American movie. This whole thing is something people in movies get to experience, not me, an 18 year old girl from Stockholm. Slowly crossing a big lawn on my way to the check in, I notice the kindness of the students. They seem really nice and I feel greatful for spending my summer here. 

A life-changing journey

Youth is the time of our lives when we search for an identity in order to find ourselves. We are searching for someone to be and somewhere to fit in. Everyone wants to be a part of a group, something bigger. In our early youth we start creating an ideal picture of our own future and we start a complex journey towards it. However, this journey could be hard. It is not always easy to handle the pressure from everyone around and to stand up for ourselves. In the early teenage years, we are so vulnerable, insecure and doubtful as we try to fit in somewhere and be someone. All we need is just someone who supports us and accepts us for who we really are. It was when I was confusingly searching for someone to be, an identity, that Elin came into my life. She became my other half. If I would be running down the corridor with tears streaming down my cheeks, she would be the one running after me trying to make everything okay. If I would get into a conflict, she would be the one taking my

Personal statement

Everyone is against me- again. The rain is pouring heavily outside the big classroom window. I thought that the situation would get better as they started to accept my choice, but they did not. Their loud laughter, their stupid jokes and their judging voices echo in my head.  A couple of months so I have gotten used to it by now. January 2016. I am 15 years old. A time I remember as stressful and painful. The too strong coffee to force me awake during the nights… desperately studying, that would describe the time well. I was in my last year of elementary school and the competition for the highest grades was not only clear but also tangible. The Swedish School system differs a lot from the American.  The decision as to which high school to attend is of huge importance to us. However, it should not be considered a hard one, at least not if you have enough high grades to attend one of the four most prestigious schools in Stockholm. They are all known for their impressive g